flexible bookings for 2020/21
At Herbal Hill, we've make booking your student accommodation for the academic year 2020/21 as flexible as possible in this uncertain time. If your university start date gets delayed, you can change your tenancy start date too! Here's how...
Can I choose any start date?
If your university postpones the start of its academic year by more than 7 days, you can choose a new tenancy start date to align with this new date.
Even if your university begins with an online course till January, we will still accept a contract starting in January!
If I choose a later start date, can I reduce my contract length?
Ordinarily, our contract lengths are a minimum of 43 weeks from the start date.
However, depending on your new start date, the contract may be subject to a shorter term than 43 weeks.
How can I apply to change my start date?
You will need to notify Herbal Hill in writing via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I haven't signed an agreement with Herbal Hill yet, but I am looking to book with a late start date - what do I do?
If you are in the process of starting a brand new tenancy with Herbal Hill, but need a late start date - it's easy! Just enquire by clicking below or directly email us at and begin the booking process!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. In the event that your nominated University contacts you to postpone the start of your 2020/2021 academic year, Herbal Hill will amend your Start Date without any penalties or additional costs.
2. In order to qualify, you will need to demonstrate that your university has officially delayed the start of the 2020/21 academic year for more than 7 days.
To be eligible to benefit from these terms and conditions, your original Tenancy Agreement must have a scheduled Tenancy Start Date on or before 15th September 2020.
3. Once verified, Herbal Hill will agree a new Start Date with you.
4. Once a new Start Date is agreed, you will not be liable for Residence Fees covering the period between your original Start Date and your new Start Date, and you will be issued with a revised payment schedule or invoice to reflect this and we will add an addendum to your current contract.
5. Should you wish to amend your Tenancy Start Date in accordance with the terms set out above, you will be required to notify us in writing by sending us an email at
We need the following details: Full name, allocated flat number, reason for change of start date, uploaded proof, new contract start date.
6. If you have delayed the original start date of your tenancy, the contract may be subject to a shorter term than 43 weeks.
7. Herbal Hill is continuing to monitor the current situation in relation to the start of the 2020/21 academic year and may amend or revoke these terms at any time.